Deb’s Gymnastics video … 1986

This is Andy, Deb’s husband.  I’m spending lots of time with my beloved Deb as she continues on her journey in this life. Some days are more intense than others with Deb experiencing lots of pain much of the time. We are living and loving and basking in all of your love and prayers. Our deepest gratitude back to all of you!

Deb’s Mom Mary Lou brought an old VHS tape from home recently of Deb doing gymnastics at age 16 in 1986. Check out the link below to see Deb in action; this is what Deb was doing before her yoga and dancing days. Enjoy!

This entry was posted in Deb's Blog and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Deb’s Gymnastics video … 1986

1. Larry Ngiro says:

I saw Deb and Andy when she was receiving treatment at kaiser. Even at these tough times Deb took time to talk and ask me how I was. I admired her growth as a bike advocate and respected her style, which was often to watch and listen and then make a strong reply at the end of a topic.

Deb visited our school years ago with her electric bike telling her story about her love of the bike and its role in society, including the story about the ah ha moment when her boyfriend crashed the car.

She will be dearly missed. What a wonderful smile.

Andy’s care and love was noticed by my wife Molly and I whenever we saw them This is a great loss, but also a life that was exemplary. Blessings and peace to her family.

2. Diane Sherwood says:

Great video of your wonderful and talented wife!

3. Dorian Grilley says:

Thoughts and prayers from Minnesota. Mr. Oberstar, Deb and safe routes will always be with us.

4. Colleen Grimes says:

Thanks Andy for posting this. Beautiful, bold and inspiring! She is such a goddess!
    Sending you and Deb so much love and light!

5. Joanne OConnor says:

What a girl!!! Such talent. I thought I was watching an Olympics Competition!!! Thank you Deb. Love Joanne

6. Laura Cohen says:

Loved the video – Beautiful, graceful, joyful Deb! My thoughts are with you, Andy & your family.
    Blessings!

7. Pam says:

A backhandspring on the beam?? WOW! Why am I not surprised…? Love to you all.

8. Kath says:

Graceful Energy in Motion! A clear view that Deb’s focus, strong will and determination began early and would follow her through every aspect of her very full life. The video highlights Deb’s successful leadership qualities and her very creative spirit…….”Deb’s Destiny”. Thank you, Andy and Mary Lou. This was a brilliant idea and an especially warm gift to share. Quite priceless! Sending warmest thoughts back to both of you and to Deb, too. xoxoxo

Thank you so much for sharing! Bennett and I just watched it together and we both clapped. I had forgotten you were a gymnast first 🙂

10. The prayers of the Honor Class continue.

11. Ken Rose says:

Thank you for this gift. Everyone please take care. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

12. Thank you for sharing the video! it is wonderful to see the life she has had; filled with determination and focus.

13. Mary Pat King says:

Wow! So strong — so amazing! Just as we all experience from working and collaborating and advocating with her! Dance on Deb!!! Sending all my prayers to you, Andy, your mom and all who love you in the dearest way!

14. Marian houston says:

Oh wow. Such beauty snd grace.
    Those moves are so fabulous. video left me breathless !!

15. Martha Roskowski says:

Oh my, what a lovely video. Thank you for posting it. It’s Deb in full glory. Send love and white light your way.