Looking for the Silver Linings

Deb Andy for March 2015 blog2Thanks to everyone who has been sending me positive energy toward healing my asthma and leukemia. Many of you know that I nearly died on the CT SCAN table at the end of January. I was brought back to life with the aid of a breathing machine for 5 days of complete stillness.

I’m very happy to be home from the hospital now, and I try to stay positive and see the silver linings, but to be honest, I feel extremely sad about how much my life has changed in the past 17 months. In my last chemo cycle, I lost all my muscle while on bed rest (30 pounds total — so I struggle to even walk up stairs without help). I miss being with groups of people, at gatherings and going to dances. Well – enough whining…

For the leukemia, I have decided to do the last thing that western medicine has to offer me — a donor lymphocyte infusion. This is an infusion of more cells from my donor Mr. International. In 10-20% of people with recurrent leukemia, this cures the disease- I plan to be one of those lucky people and am focusing my energy to harmonize with Mr. International’s cells, so that his cells and immune system (in my body) will have the strength to rid the leukemia forever (and forgo any harm to me which can be a side effect.) We don’t yet have a date for the procedure but it should be within the month.

Thank you to everyone for your healing love and light, and your positive vibrations. While this continues to be the hugest struggle of my life – there are still positive aspects – especially the love I feel from everyone. Special thanks and immense gratitude to my most amazing, loving and dedicated husband Andy Peri.

This entry was posted in Deb's Blog and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Looking for the Silver Linings

1. Kath says:

Sending warm healing wishes from the East Coast. The comfort of Home Sweet Home is a wonderful place to be. We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers, always with Silver Linings in mind. Your smile, strength and kind heart is simply remarkable and an inspiration to all who have the pleasure to know you……and even to those of us who have never met you. You are surrounded by all of the positive energy which you have extended to others.
    Fondest wishes always, Kath

2. dave453 says:

Deb: Joan and I want you to know we are thinking of you and sending you all the love that is in our hearts. You are an incredibly strong and brave person and we truly hope and pray and believe that you will survive this.
    Love,
    Dave and Joan Getz

3. Pat Conforti Vaicaitis says:

Deb, you are an incredible woman and keep up the fight. Sending you all positive energy, love and prayers.

Deb, you are such an inspiring person! But you have been through so-o-o much, that yes you do have the right to complain and feel “down” and all of us would understand and wish we could lift some of that burden. Whatever you decide about treatment, we’re with you all the way, as we always have been, in heart and spirit. Cindy

5. Laura Cohen says:

Deb – you are so amazing, and strong and brave! And, more than anyone else, you’ve also earned the right to some robust whining at how difficult this journey continues to be. Love & healing thoughts to you as you undergo the infusion. I’ll keep you in my thoughts as the picture of health.
    Laura

6. Pam says:

Sending you love and health and strength! I’ve been doing metta for you every day. My heart goes out to you – isolation is hard. Big hug, my friend.

7. Virginia Kettenring says:

Dear Deb, you are a super brave lady. We are all for you to continue that way.
    Love and our prayers,
    Ginny Kettenring
    Hershey’s Mill
    I am in LaJolla for a visit with friends for a week. I look forward to seeing your Mother
    When I get home.

8. lisagroff says:

Deb You go for whatever might help you in any way.  You do have a lot of people pulling for you.  We are sending every ounce of positive energy from Hilton Head SC where we are wintering.  Lisa and George Groff

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

9. geotech1 says:

If anyone can beat it, you can. You are an incredibly brave and tough trooper. All my love. Don

Thanks for the update. Praying for this procedure to be successful and for more silver linings to peek through each and every day!

Deb- our love and prayers are coming to you for peace and strength and healing. Love from the Ward-Wallers and our extended prayer networks. Peace to you and your loved ones. Jane Ward

12. Ted Barber says:

We are praying for this procedure to work!

Sent from my iPhone

13. Power to you DEB!!!~ Hope the donor cells do the job for your wonderful and healing body and defeat the leukemia. All the best to you and Full Strength!!!!